Last updated: 8th Feb 2023
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE ZO GAMES WEBSITE
- What Data Do We Collect?
We receive the following data about you to ensure that the availability and continuity of our Services is preserved.
- In Game Data: Pursuant to your usage of the Game/ s, the developers and/or our service providers may collect your personal data. Such data may be shared with us, either by the developer directly, or through our service providers engaged in relation to the Game/s. This may also include data about your usage within the Game/ s, such as online identifiers i.e., your in-game alias, IP address, internal identifiers assigned to your account, hardware or operating system based identifiers including device ID, coarse location based on your IP address, contact information such as your e-mail ID, telephone number, payment information, in-app purchase details, details of social media plug-ins where used for registration, and any other related information necessary for the performance, improvement and access to Games. Game/ s developers may also seek further information from you, in addition to this, and you accept that their (Developers’) policies govern such data processing.
- Data for Registration: You may submit your personal data to create your profile with us, which may be necessary for the submission of Game/ s, recruitment, and/or correspondence with you.
- Data provided for Recruitment: You may be able to submit your resume, and accordingly make available details about your qualification professional history and related information, as may be relevant, for recruitment and background verification.
- Device Data: We collect data about the devices used to access our Website or use our Game/s, including the hardware model, device IP address, installed software, and other related information.
- Usage Data: We collect data about how you interact with our Services. This includes data such as access date and timestamps, views, crashes and other system activity, type of browser, or third-party sites or services used by you to interact with our Services.
- Cookies: By default, your web browser will accept cookies, however, you have the option of enabling or disabling cookies in your web browser. If you do not want us to install cookies, you may change the settings on your web browser to disable cookies. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Services. Besides this, in the provision of our Services, we may receive data about you from third-party service providers who may use “Cookies”, “Web Beacons”, and other similar tracking technologies to collect information about you, as you use the Services or browse the internet. Their (third parties’) policies govern such data processing.
- We do not collect data about children, and only such individuals who have attained the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their domicile are permitted to access, use and avail our Services.
- How And Why Do We Use Collected Data?
We, and/or third parties who act on our behalf, or provide services to us, use your data to ensure that our Services are relevant to you, and which you have agreed for.
We use the data collected to maintain, improve, and personalize our Services. This may include using the data to:
- create your profile with us for the purposes of the Game/ s or the Website;
- operate, maintain and improve the Services, including design, and navigation of the Services;
- provide requested information and user support needed on or through our Services;
- enable uploading and hosting of the Game/s that you submit to us;
- determine your eligibility to avail the opportunities made available through the Services;
- perform research, analysis, and the development of the Services to improve the UI/UX, to allow optimum use of the Services;
- promote and market our Services;
- verify your purchases or other transactions in our Game/ s or other services;
- keep track of installations of our Game/ s (including the source of each install);
- to understand your preferences better, and provide you with a personalized experience;
- perform internal operations that may be necessary to provide our Services, like troubleshooting software bugs, conducting data analysis, detecting fraud, or analysing usage and activity trends on our Services; and
- to perform contractual obligations, and in compliance with applicable laws.
- When And With Whom Do We Share Collected Data?
We will share your data with third parties only in accordance with this Policy. We have not and will never sell your data to third parties. We may share your personal data with the following persons, for the reasons mentioned below:
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf, such as providing us with infrastructural, transactional, maintenance, support, analytics, and marketing and allied services. We only share such data with them, as is necessary for us to provide the Services to you.
- Third Party Services: Through the Services, you may, at your option, be able to connect with other websites, products, or services that we do not control, and accordingly there might be flow of personal data from our systems to such identified third parties, as and where necessary. We urge you to follow and abide such policies that such third parties may have in place.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share collected data with subsidiaries, affiliates, or related entities to fulfil a contractual obligation to you.
- Change in Control: If we (or our affiliates) are involved in a merger, acquisition, and sale of all or substantially all of its assets or equity, we may have to disclose databases stored in the course of our operations to the relevant parties.
- Law enforcement agencies: we may be required by governmental agencies, judicial authorities, and law enforcement agencies to share your personal data with them, and we will have to act in compliance with such instructions, directions, orders, as received from them.
What Are Your Rights Regarding Collected Data?
We consider it important to empower you with rights regarding your data. And we give you the following rights in this regard:
- Access and Rectification: You may by way of a written request, access, correct or request the deletion of your data. We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- Withdrawal of Consent: You may withdraw your consent given to us for processing your data. If you do so, we may be unable to provide the services for which such data was sought. To withdraw your consent, you may please write us an email at the address given in the ‘How Can You Contact Us’ section below.
Notwithstanding the above rights, we may retain your data for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. We will not retain your data if it is no longer required by us and there is no legal requirement to retain the same.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions or want to seek clarifications about this Policy, or any complaints, comments, concerns, or feedback about our Data privacy and protection practices, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer,
WinZO Games Private Limited (formerly Tictok Skill Games Private Limited)
What Are Our Data Security and Protection Practices?
We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and any other unlawful form of processing of the data in our possession. These safeguards ensure a level of protection commensurate to the risk, the nature of our business, and take into account available technologies, implementation costs, the nature, context and purpose of processing, and the degree or likelihood of risk.
WinZO does not warrant that the Services, its servers, or any communications shared by us or on our behalf are completely impenetrable from a security standpoint or are virus free. WinZO will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Services, including, but not limited to any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly or any loss of data, use, good-will, or other intangible losses.
Do We Transfer Data Across Borders?
We may transfer your data outside India to territories in which our affiliates or subsidiaries are incorporated in or work out of; and we will do so upon due notification to you. We will do so only if the destination jurisdiction has an adequate and appropriate level of protection and where the transfer is lawful and necessary for performance of our obligations to you.
We will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your data, including having a lawful basis for transferring it, and having appropriate safeguards to ensure an adequate level of protection for your data.
As we engage with developers situated overseas, in addition to the compliance with this Policy they also ensure compliance with the applicable data privacy and protection laws, which apply to them. We assure you that the processing of your personal data is in furtherance of these considerations made by us under this Policy, and in furtherance of appropriate contractual measures.
What If There Are Changes To This Policy?
WinZO may periodically review and change this Policy to incorporate such changes as may be considered appropriate and will strive to update you of such changes with prior notice, where possible. We urge you to review the Policy on a periodic basis; in the event we make any significant changes to this Policy, we will endeavour to inform you in advance, if your contact information is available with us. Your continued access and use of the Services will deem you as having consented to the prevailing Policy. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the revised terms of the Policy, we urge you to desist from accessing and availing our Services.